• Submitting a Complaint


Submitting a Complaint

The Township of Uxbridge is committed to continuous organizational improvement in an environment where all complaints are dealt with fairly in a respectful, transparent fashion, as quickly as possible.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to a Township of Uxbridge program, service, facility, or staff member, where a citizen believes that the Township has not provided a service experience to the customer's satisfaction at the point of service delivery and a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected.

Resolving Complaints

We recommend you first speak directly with the service area where you have an issue, in person or by telephone.  Most complaints are received verbally and can be resolved promptly by the department in charge of the service.

Should you wish to escalate your complaint, please see the Township's Complaint Policy This policy includes a form which must be submitted to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of the Township.  The CAO will then investigate the matter and take any required action.

Complaint Form 

What if you are not satisfied with the CAO's investigation?

Should you not be satisfied with the results of your complaint, you may file a complaint with the Ontario Ombudsman.  This form is available in the link below.  Please note that ADR Chambers will not accept a complaint that has not been addressed through this policy first.

Anyone with an unresolved concern about the Township including citizens, councillors, or special interest groups can contact the Ombudsman by using the online complaint form here. Complaints can also be filed by phone (1-800-263-1830), or email info@ombudsman.on.ca.